Advertisement

Learn the English Phrases WOLF DOWN and GO FOR SECONDS - A Short English Lesson with Subtitles

Learn the English Phrases WOLF DOWN and GO FOR SECONDS - A Short English Lesson with Subtitles ✅ Please consider supporting my channel by clicking here:

Read along to practice your English and to learn the English phrases, WOLF DOWN and GO FOR SECONDS

So today I wanted to help you learn the English phrase wolf down. A wolf is a really, really large wild animal. It's a dog-like animal, like a really, really big dog. I think you probably know what a wolf is, but we have this English phrase, to wolf down, and we use it to describe when people eat really quickly. When I was a teenager, I wolfed down my food whenever I ate. Some of my kids, when we feed them, they're really hungry and they wolf down their food, and sometimes even I wolf down my food. If I am out working on the farm all day, and I get really, really hungry, when I come in for supper, I often wolf down my food. So when you wolf down your food, it means you eat, I guess, kind of like a big wild animal. It basically means that you are eating like a wolf. You are wolfing down your food. So did I say I do this sometimes? I actually do this a lot when I eat.

And then if you are ever at a dinner, and you eat a plate of food, and they say that people can come up and get seconds if they want, it means that there is more food, and you can go get more food, if you want some. So sometimes we have dinners that we call a buffet, a dinner where you go up with an empty plate and you put food on your plate from a large table and then you go and sit down with your friends and family and eat that plate of food, and then someone at the dinner you are at, this is more like a formal, like at a wedding or another type of function, someone will go up and say, "If you enjoyed your first plate of food, "there's lots of food still to go around. "You can come for seconds." So seconds are when you go and get a second plate of food. Anyways, Bob the Canadian here. It's Friday. I'm pretty happy that it's Friday. I hope you're having a good week, and I hope you have great weekend.

WANT MORE ENGLISH LESSONS? GO TO YOUTUBE AND SEARCH, "BOB THE CANADIAN"

#englishlesson #englishvocabulary #easyenglish
---

⌛ Be sure to watch the video TWICE today and ONCE tomorrow to reinforce the English that you have learned!

---

✅ SUBSCRIBE RIGHT HERE:

---

✅ Looking for longer English lessons? My other channel is right here:

yt:cc=on,learn english,english lesson,wolf down,meaning of wolf down,go for seconds,meaning of go for seconds,

Post a Comment

0 Comments