Advertisement

You Ask, I Answer: Digital Marketing Resumes That Stick Out?

You Ask, I Answer: Digital Marketing Resumes That Stick Out? Alan asks, “I need some help making my resume stick out. What would appeal to you if you were hiring for a digital marketing position? I have the experience and gaining new certifications, but I'm truly trying to shine through this unemployment situation.”

A resume that sticks out in a positive way has to first pass the gatekeeper test, then answer three things in a hiring manager’s mind subconsciously.

The gatekeeper test is beating algorithms in hiring software while remaining honest. Think of it like old school SEO (mainly because hiring software lacks the serious AI that powers modern search engines today). Lots of keywords appropriately used, etc.

The hiring manager cares about three things:

1. will you make their lives more difficult?
2. Will you get them fired or regret hiring you?
3. Will you make them look good?

Your resume has to answer these questions to some degree.

Tactical things:
LinkedIn needs recommendations and endorsements. The power of the crowd is real.

Videos on YouTube talking about specific examples from your resume are a powerful way to pre interview - and especially without the nerves.

Subscribe to my weekly #email newsletter:


Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for more #marketing and #analytics videos!


Need help with your company's #data and #analytics? Let me know:


Join my free private Slack group, Analytics for #Marketers:


Grab my newest book, AI for Marketers:

jobs,job search,career,marketing,marketing internships,marketing apprentice,marketing jobseeker,marketing training,marketing education,marketing skills,marketing jobs,marketing career,marketing careers,new marketer,junior marketer,marketing student,marketing graduate,marketing specialization,

Post a Comment

0 Comments